Aerohive cheat sheets series: This is the next installment in a series of blogs that provide an at-a-glance look at how our technology works – controller-less Wi-Fi architecture as well as supporting features - and the benefits it provides. Last time we covered BYOD management and Aerohive’s Bonjour Gateway. This time we are looking at Aerohive’s Client Health Score.
What is Aerohive’s Client Health Score?
- Client Health Score provides easy “at-a-glance” visibility into the status or “health” of clients connected to the Wi-Fi network.
- Delivers an intuitive green, yellow or red aggregate representation of a client’s Wi-Fi statistics, substantially demystifying Wi-Fi troubleshooting and reducing the client and BYOD management burden associated with supporting a wireless infrastructure.
- Can be used to identify and resolve issues before users start to notice a performance issue, which enables the administrator to react more quickly and make the WLAN performance much more deterministic.
Why is it important?
- With the BYOD explosion, and so many users now relying on Wi-Fi connectivity and having two or more Wi-Fi enabled devices – such as laptops, dual mode phones, and iPads – the diversity and volume of clients that IT staff have to support is dramatically expanded.
- Virtually every WLAN solution available has the ability to provide visibility of clients in real time. The problem is that this information is presented in a format that records details without assigning any meaning to them. The result is a huge cache of data that, while accurate and meaningful to a Wi-Fi expert, is virtually useless to a typical network administrator.
- Being able to make sense of these statistics on the fly, particularly with an irate user on the other end of the phone, is very difficult for anyone who is not a Wi-Fi specialist. Users aren’t interested in the nuances of radio interference; they need the Wi-Fi network to “just work.”
Where can I learn more?
- Watch the Client Health Score video.